Watch and learn from our expert about doing some simple lunge exercises for aerobics in this free fitness video on doing aerobic exercises.
KATIE BOWERS: Hi, my name is Katie Bowers with Expert Village, and today, I am doing aerobics with boot camp. As you notice now, we're down on the floor and I'm doing some lunges. I'm actually focusing on kinda opening up the hip flexors, which are right here, and stretching those muscle groups. So we're getting close to our cool-down but I wanted to initially do the lunge, the runner's lunge. So pressing that hip down, lifting the chest up. The lower--actually the wider your legs are and the lower down you go, it's obviously going to pull more on your hip flexor right here. So if you need to modify that--and remember, when I say modify, that means make it a little bit more basic, not so advance. So I just simply come up a little bit more. And again, the lower you go down, the more intense, the harder this is going to feel. Now, I'm going to go ahead and grab my toe, bring that toe into your glute. Again, this is going to begin the pull especially in your hip flexor but more so now in your quadricep. The quadricep is in the front of your leg, right through here. I'm going to do the same thing on the other side. I'm going into that lunge, pressing that hip down and relax. You're going to breath into the muscles too, just sort of go with it. Because actually, if you start to tense up, your muscles start to clinch. It restricts the movement. So you actually do yourself a disservice if you start tightening up rather than relaxing, but it is hard. And hopefully, you're nice and warmed up and feeling that you can do this.
- How to Do Lunges for Aerobic Exercise
- How to Do Prone Cobra Aerobic Exercises
- How to Do Leg Lift Aerobic Exercises
- How to Do Ab Crunches for Aerobic Exercise
- How to Do Push Ups for Aerobic Exercise
- How to Do Pivot Jack Aerobic Exercises
- Doing Hamstring Curl Forward Aerobic Exercises
- How to Do Grapevine Aerobic Exercises
- How to Do Mambo Aerobic Exercises
- How to Do Hamstring Curl Aerobic Exercises
- How to Do Step Touch Aerobic Exercises
- Doing Warm Up Aerobic Exercises