Learn how to do thigh exercises for your legs in this free fitness video on leg exercises and workouts.
I'm going to go ahead and show you some outer thigh work that we're going to focus on are called your abductors with a B. So, on all fours here. You want to make sure again, just nice and neutral and centrally located here in between both hands. You don't want to be too far to the right or too far to the left. I'm going to go ahead and lift. Going to lift one leg up to the side and lower it down. Now it's going to turn into a little bit of a swing because I'm going to bring it back behind me. Just with the knee, you lift and lower. So squeeze your glutes each time you lift, each time you lift the knee up. Same thing with the other side. We're going to do about 15 of those on each. Lift and lower. Always remember to breathe. Sometimes we hold our breath, we shouldn't do that. Inhale on the way down, exhale out on the way up. 3 sets of 15. So basically what the purpose of this exercise is working your abductors, your outer thighs, is to really focus on your gluteus medius which is another section of your bottom. You've got your gluetus maximus and the medius is on the side. So really we don't have a lot of exercises that focus in on that but when you're working the abductors, your outer thighs, that is kind of part of that muscle sort of. So we want to work on that too as well and when we do these leg lifts to the side, you're focusing on that and your outer thighs.
- How to Leg Circle Exercises
- How to Do Calf Exercises on Stairs
- How to Do Calf Exercises
- How to Do Leg Lift Exercises
- How to Do Back Thigh Exercises
- How to Do Thigh Leg Exercises
- How to Do Inner Thigh Exercises
- How to Do Hamstring Leg Exercises
- How to Do Floor Work Leg Exercises
- How to Do Back Lunge Leg Exercises
- How to Do Squat Leg Exercises
- Introduction to Leg Exercises
- How to Do Lunge Leg Exercises