Learn how to avoid making the same mistakes as other baseball players with expert baseball tips in this free sports instruction video clip.
Today I'm going to show you how to hit a fastball. In this segment, we're going to describe common mistakes on a fastball. Now the number one common mistake that can be made is shifting forward as you step forward on your fastball. So as you take your first step what you don't want to do is lean forward, that's the first mistake. The second mistake even though if you let say if you keep your balance still is you don't want to lift the back foot and be on your toe. This will cause the weight shift to be on your front leg and will cause your swing to be ineffective. If you squash the bug, it will be more effective. Another thing is the wrist the barrel of the bat must go to the ball. If the barrel of the bat does not go towards the ball, you will not hit the ball effectively. Another thing is the snapping of the wrist. You must be able to finish your bat slightly turning over. One of the most common mistakes after the finishing of the swing you roll over and you cross your wrist. That is a huge mistake that hitters do and causes the ball to just dive on the ground and having an effective swing.
- How to Time a Fastball
- What Bat to Use to Hit a Fastball
- Common Mistakes in Hitting Fastballs
- How to Choke Up on a Baseball Bat
- How to Shift your Weight to Hit a Baseball
- Counts when Fastballs are Thrown
- How to Hit an Inside Fastball
- How to Hit an Outside Fastball
- How to Hit a Low Fastball
- How to Hit a Fastball Down the Middle
- How to Hit a Baseball
- Batting Stances & Body Techniques