See an outside fastball and hit it with expert baseball tips in this free sports instruction video clip.
Today I'm going to show you how to hit a fastball. In this segment we're going to learn how to hit an outside fastball. The most important thing for a batter is you have to be able to locate that pitch and once you find that pitch you have to be able to drive it to right field. It's the only effective way you're able to hit the ball hard on the outside part of the plate. As the ball is coming and you recognize that the pitch is outside you, want to step into the ball and guide the ball to right center field. Extending your arms out here and catching the ball about this point of the plate. After you finish the swing, you should be able to lean towards right field and guide the ball towards right field. A big mistake on hitting an outside fastball is trying to pull the ball of going way ahead of the pitch. By doing that you will not get the sweet part of the bat on the ball and you'll end up rounded out a weak ground of the left side. So that's why it's very important on the outside pitch especially a fastball to take the ball the other way.
- How to Time a Fastball
- What Bat to Use to Hit a Fastball
- Common Mistakes in Hitting Fastballs
- How to Choke Up on a Baseball Bat
- How to Shift your Weight to Hit a Baseball
- Counts when Fastballs are Thrown
- How to Hit an Outside Fastball
- How to Hit an Inside Fastball
- How to Hit a Low Fastball
- How to Hit a Fastball Down the Middle
- How to Hit a Baseball
- Batting Stances & Body Techniques