Learn about the equipment needed for bullet casting in this free how-to video on how to cast bullets, or how to make bullets by melting-down lead.
Hi! This is John again. Now, I’m going to be talking about setting up to do your casting. You’ll need some different items to start with. Number one, you’ll need an electric furnace. This happens to be a small lead precision furnace here that I have. Plus, you’ll need a bullet mold the size which you will be using. This is for a 500 Smith & Weston magnum handgun. Then you will need a ladle that you can ladle the molten lead out of the furnace and pour into the molds. These ringlets that I have cast beforehand…and what this will be used is putting into the furnace and be melting. Next, you’ll need a piece of wood here to tap open the mold. The main thing that you will need to start out with, since mold is a toxic substance, is a covering for your nose and mouth, your respirator, plus safety glasses for protection. If lead splatters and hits your eye you can put your eye out very easily. Now you’re ready to start casting.
- Casting the Bullet: How to Make Your Own Ammunition
- Bullet Texture: How to Make Your Own Ammunition
- Cast vs. Jacket: How to Make Your Own Ammunition
- Starting the Bullet Casting Project: How to Make Your Own Ammunition
- The Economic Advantage of Casting Bullets: How to Make Your Own Ammunition
- Equipment for Bullet Casting: How to Make Your Own Ammunition
- An Introduction to Bullet Casting: How to Make Your Own Ammunition