Learn how to read deer signs to tell if any whitetails are in your hunting area in this free video.
Hi this is John. Today we’re going to be talking about advanced deer hunting techniques for the hunters that want to take their skill one step further. If you’re tired of sitting around and waiting for a deer to show up, go out and be looking for where they have been. Here’s a good example, a whitetail buck will come by and scrape the bark of a small sapling with his head and also he will be scraping the ground and urinating in it. The scrape here on the tree will signify to another buck that he’s in the area, the urination and scraping in the ground will let a doe know that he’s in the area and ready to mate. I’m going take a head here that I have and illustrate how this works. The buck will usually take the inside of his tines and scrape the bark off sapling. There is a hormone that is released near the hairline that will let the other bucks know that he is in the area, also he will scrape the ground and urinate in it to let a doe know that he’s in the area.
- How to Read Deer Sign: Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Use Mineral Corn to Attract Whitetail Deer: Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Shot Placement: Where to Shoot a Whitetail Deer: Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Where to Place a Deer Stand: Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Make an Artificial Mineral Lick to Attract Deer: Deer Hunting Tips
- How to Cover Your Scent Hunting Whitetail Deer
- How to Sight In Your Rifle: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Use Deer Call to Lure in Bucks: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Stalk a Deer: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Different Bullet Types Used in Deer Hunting