Learn the best place to shoot a whitetail deer to quickly bring them down in this free video on deer hunting.
Hi this is John. Now we’re going to be talking about shot placement. I have here a shoulder mount of a deer that I killed at one time; this will give you an example of what all you may see in the deer woods if a deer sticks his head out, especially a buck who is very wary. You may see just a shoulder on. You can decide whether to take a shot some hunters will shoot at the neck which will take out the neck vertebrae, the optimum shot that you should take would be behind the front leg, just behind there. What you will do, you’re trying to hit the lungs and the heart. Depending on the bullet that you will be using, this should result in instantaneous death for the animal.
- How to Read Deer Sign: Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Use Mineral Corn to Attract Whitetail Deer: Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Shot Placement: Where to Shoot a Whitetail Deer: Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Where to Place a Deer Stand: Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Cover Your Scent Hunting Whitetail Deer
- How to Sight In Your Rifle: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Make an Artificial Mineral Lick to Attract Deer: Deer Hunting Tips
- How to Stalk a Deer: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- How to Use Deer Call to Lure in Bucks: Deer Hunting Tips & Techniques
- Different Bullet Types Used in Deer Hunting