Learn the proper technique of the trigger squeeze when firing a semi-automatic handgun in this free video featuring a Marine Corps marksman.
Hello! This is John with Expert Village. This next segment is going to be on trigger squeeze. I’m going to pick up the gun. Again, check it and make sure it’s empty. No round or magazine. I’m going to put an empty magazine in and around here. We’re going to use this bring the slide home. Now, the trigger’s ready to go. Now, the trigger squeeze, because this hammer is already cocked, the trigger is pulled back already, so basically you’re ready to go. You’re ready to fire. Finger on the trigger and squeeze gently to the rear, easy and remember to breathe. Releases the trigger, releases the hammer, fires a round. Now you’re ready to shoot again. Finger back on the trigger, slow, steady squeeze to the rear. Now, this firearm has a half cock, so you pull it and let go, the hammer stays partly cocked back here. Go back on the trigger. And that’s how you pull a trigger. This is John from Expert Village.
- Squeezing the Trigger : Handgun Target Shooting
- Proper Stances for Handgun Target Shooting
- Using the Handgun Sights : Handgun Target Shooting
- Single Action vs. Double Action Guns : Handgun Target Shooting
- Breathing, Relaxation & Bone Support : Handgun Target Shooting
- Shooting Range Rules : Target Practice
- How to Properly Grip a Handgun : Target Shooting
- How to Load a Semi-Auto Handgun Magazine : Target Shooting
- Firing a Semi-Automatic Handgun : Target Shooting
- Using Follow-through Technique for Shooting Handguns : Target Shooting
- Safety Devices on an HK Handgun : Target Shooting
- Common Ammunition Rounds : Target Shooting
- How to Break Down a Semi-Automatic Pistol for Cleaning