Learn about the rules of a target range in this free video clip on semi-automatic handgun target shooting.
Hello! My name is John. I’m here with you on behalf of Expert Village talking about beginner target shooting and range safety rules. This first segment is about safety rules and there are seven of them. Safety rules prevent accidental discharges or misfires or injuries to you or your friends. Now, because of the importance of this, we have written down these seven rules in our range book and I’m going to ready those to you. The first rule is keep the weapon unloaded until you’re ready to fire. Second rule; keep your fingers straighten off the trigger until you’re ready to fire. Again, preventing any kind of discharge or accidents. The third rule; keep the weapon on safe until you intend to fire. Fourth rule; always have your pistol holstered or rifle pointed down towards the ground or if it’s a down range, keep it pointed down range. The sixth rule; never handle a firearm under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Seventh rule; always have ear and eye protection when shooting. If you don’t have any ears or eyes, these are available at any local range store for rent.
- Squeezing the Trigger : Handgun Target Shooting
- Proper Stances for Handgun Target Shooting
- Using the Handgun Sights : Handgun Target Shooting
- Single Action vs. Double Action Guns : Handgun Target Shooting
- Breathing, Relaxation & Bone Support : Handgun Target Shooting
- Shooting Range Rules : Target Practice
- How to Properly Grip a Handgun : Target Shooting
- How to Load a Semi-Auto Handgun Magazine : Target Shooting
- Firing a Semi-Automatic Handgun : Target Shooting
- Using Follow-through Technique for Shooting Handguns : Target Shooting
- Safety Devices on an HK Handgun : Target Shooting
- Common Ammunition Rounds : Target Shooting
- How to Break Down a Semi-Automatic Pistol for Cleaning