Learn how to grip a semi-automatic handgun properly in this free video featuring a Marine Corps double expert marksman.
Hello! This is John with Expert Village. This next segment is going to be on the grip of the handgun. Now, we’re using an HK, Heckler & Koch 40 USP. So the first thing we do when we pick up a weapon is, following the safety rules, make sure it’s unloaded. So you pick up the weapon, you take the barrel, you take the magazine well to make sure there’s not magazine or round in the chamber. Now we’re going to put the magazine in it. Again, making sure it’s empty. Push it in, make sure it clicks and the magazine is in place. Now this grip here, make sure your finger is along the barrel keep your fingers straighten off the trigger, again with the safety rules. We can go underneath the weapon, support it from the bottom. I’m wrapping my fingers up around the back of my hand. Now, on the back side of the weapon, you see the fingers here? Hold on the magazine well. Support it with the center of the palm and that’s how I hold the pistol when I’m shooting. And we take the magazine out. That’s how you hold a handgun. My name is John with Expert Village.
- Squeezing the Trigger : Handgun Target Shooting
- Proper Stances for Handgun Target Shooting
- Using the Handgun Sights : Handgun Target Shooting
- Single Action vs. Double Action Guns : Handgun Target Shooting
- Breathing, Relaxation & Bone Support : Handgun Target Shooting
- Shooting Range Rules : Target Practice
- How to Properly Grip a Handgun : Target Shooting
- How to Load a Semi-Auto Handgun Magazine : Target Shooting
- Firing a Semi-Automatic Handgun : Target Shooting
- Using Follow-through Technique for Shooting Handguns : Target Shooting
- Safety Devices on an HK Handgun : Target Shooting
- Common Ammunition Rounds : Target Shooting
- How to Break Down a Semi-Automatic Pistol for Cleaning