Learn how to load a semi-automatic handgun magazine, in this free video featuring a Marine Corps double expert marksman.
Hi! This is John with Expert Village. The next segment is going to be on loading the magazine. Each magazine, depending on what kind of gun you get, has a certain amount of cartridges you can fit into the firearm. This one carries 12. Some are 15, some are down to 10 depending on the size of rounds you have. This one what we’re going to do is load these practice bullets just meant for practicing. They’re blue so you know they’re safe, whereas the real ones you have the cartridge and the bullet there. We don’t have a speed loader, but we’re going to do this the old fashioned way. Take the magazine, hold it in your weak hand. This is how I do it; this is how I teach to do it. Put a magazine here, push in, bullet is loaded. We’re going to load about 5 of these. Now, after you load the first one, you can push down with the rounds on the second one. Get yourself a starting point and push in the next rounds. Once they’re in, slide them all the way back so they’re seated against the back wall of the magazine. When they’re seated all the way, this helps with fire and also prevents jams. Now, once you got them all loaded, they’re ready to go in your pistol and you’re ready to fire. Now, if you’ve not shot rounds, to get them out, the simplest way is to push them out. There is a spring in here so they will pop out. Make sure to catch them or else they will go where you don’t want them to. Put it down. That is how you load and unload the magazine and this is John from Expert Village.
- Squeezing the Trigger : Handgun Target Shooting
- Proper Stances for Handgun Target Shooting
- Using the Handgun Sights : Handgun Target Shooting
- Single Action vs. Double Action Guns : Handgun Target Shooting
- Breathing, Relaxation & Bone Support : Handgun Target Shooting
- Shooting Range Rules : Target Practice
- How to Properly Grip a Handgun : Target Shooting
- How to Load a Semi-Auto Handgun Magazine : Target Shooting
- Firing a Semi-Automatic Handgun : Target Shooting
- Using Follow-through Technique for Shooting Handguns : Target Shooting
- Safety Devices on an HK Handgun : Target Shooting
- Common Ammunition Rounds : Target Shooting
- How to Break Down a Semi-Automatic Pistol for Cleaning