Learn how to activate and deactivate safety devices on an HK Handgun, in this free video.
Hello! My name is John, we’re here on behalf of Expert Village and this is our second segment. This segment is about the safety of the firearm itself. Today we’re going to be shooting an HK, Heckler & Koch, 40 USP. Now, always before you handle any firearm you want to make sure that it’s unloaded. It’s a pistol semiautomatic, the slide is back and the magazine is emptied from the pistol itself. Now, on this pistol there are 2 safeties. The first one is obviously here, fire and safe. You cannot shoot the firearm while it’s on safe mode. We’re going to push this slide forward and you’re going to see the second safety. Now with the hammer back, it’s ready to fire. If we push this again up further, the hammer is decocked and the weapon is still safe. You cannot fire this weapon as it is in this current state. Now I go back and put the weapon on safe. That keeps you up and safe and not contain a fire and will not discharge at all. My name is John on behalf of Expert Village.
- Squeezing the Trigger : Handgun Target Shooting
- Proper Stances for Handgun Target Shooting
- Using the Handgun Sights : Handgun Target Shooting
- Single Action vs. Double Action Guns : Handgun Target Shooting
- Breathing, Relaxation & Bone Support : Handgun Target Shooting
- Shooting Range Rules : Target Practice
- How to Properly Grip a Handgun : Target Shooting
- How to Load a Semi-Auto Handgun Magazine : Target Shooting
- Firing a Semi-Automatic Handgun : Target Shooting
- Using Follow-through Technique for Shooting Handguns : Target Shooting
- Safety Devices on an HK Handgun : Target Shooting
- Common Ammunition Rounds : Target Shooting
- How to Break Down a Semi-Automatic Pistol for Cleaning