Techniques for utilizing weights, bending the rod and slinging out the line when fly casting are discussed in this free video series.
Hi! I’m Jim Dowd at zoaroutdoor.com. We are here for expertvillage.com and this session is all about fly casting and what you need to know to sling it out there. In this segment, we are going to talk about the basic cast. Once again, got the hat on and the glasses for protection. The basic principles at work here are the weight of the line puts a bend in the rod and the rod slings the line out. So the weight of the line bends the rod, the rod slings the line out and that’s your cast. We call this the 4 part cast; pick up, back cast, pause, forward cast, and presentation. 1, 2, 3, 4; that’s the 4 part cast. Now we are going to go on and analyze each of those steps so that you know exactly what to do to make a good fishing cast.
- Learn How to Strike & Set the Hook When Fly Fishing
- Learn the Haul Technique When Fly Fishing
- Understand the Concept of False Casting When Fly Fishing
- Learn to Shoot the Line When Fly Fishing
- Understand Two-Point Line Control When Fly Fishing
- Understand Roll Casting When Fly Fishing
- Understand Line Retrieving & Angling When Fly Fishing
- Understand Cast Stroke Mechanics
- Maintain Proper Thumb Control When Fly Fishing
- How to Read Your Fly Casting Line
- How to Pause to Straighten Out a Fly Casting Line
- How to String a Fishing Rod When Fly Fishing
- Learn the Basic Fly Fishing Cast
- How to Practice Casting When Fly Fishing