Buying new road cranks can be a great upgrade to your road bike. Learn how to choose and buy road cranks in this free bicycle accessories video guide.
Today, we're going to be talking about road cranks. This can be a great upgrade to any road bike out there. One of the top names in the business, of course, is Shimano. Shimano is one of the companies that really is a pioneering company for both lightweight, strength, durability. With this particular crank we're going to look at today is their top-of-the-line Dura-Ace crank. What I've got here is a very interesting cutaway which really shows how they get that lightweight but yet extremely stiff and strong crank. Again, to distribute that power from our pedals now right through to the drive crank to propel us froward quicker. They made the entire crank hollow, all this being done while it's done in a casting process. We've also made the axle integrated into the crank arm itself, makes for a much stronger, much larger axle. And they've made the bearings that go into the frame much larger because they now sit it outside of the frame. All of this adds up to extreme stiffness, strength, and a great riding crank that can make a big difference in your riding and your power.
- How to Choose a Road Bike Frame
- Nutritional Supplements for Cycling
- Guide to Buying Road Bike Cranks
- How to Choose Bike Saddles
- Disc Brakes for Mountain Bikes
- How to Choose Road Bike Pedals
- Upgrading to Carbon Fiber Bike Seat Posts
- Innovations in Cycling Clothing
- How to Choose Mountain Bike Pedals
- Guide to Buying Mountain Bike Shoes
- Guide to Buying Road Bike Shoes
- How to Choose Bike Handlebars
- How to Choose Mountain Bike Wheels
- How to Choose Road Wheels for Your Bicycle