Clip-less mountain bike pedals can make maneuvering your bike over obstacles and rough terrain much easier. Get tips on buying mountain bike pedals in this free bicycle accessories video guide.
Today, we're going to talk about clipless mountain bike pedals. This can be one of the areas that can affect almost every aspect of your riding. So, remember, it can be a great upgrade for you. This is a Shimano pedal. Shimano has pretty much pioneered this area for mountain bike pedals, which is going to attach your shoe to the pedal. This makes for a much more direct connection with your bike, and there's a cleat that we mount on the shoe and that snaps into the pedal. This is going to allow to get over rocks, logs, obstacles, be able to maneuver your bike in a much better fashion as well as being able to pull up on the pedal as well as push down on the other side. So, this can make a pretty dramatic effect on your riding overall, whether it'll be technical or hill climbing. Shimano's featured out a new XTR pedal this year which is both lightweight and very strong, also featuring great mud clearance and a very reliable pedal all around.
- How to Choose a Road Bike Frame
- Nutritional Supplements for Cycling
- Guide to Buying Road Bike Cranks
- How to Choose Bike Saddles
- Disc Brakes for Mountain Bikes
- Upgrading to Carbon Fiber Bike Seat Posts
- How to Choose Road Bike Pedals
- Innovations in Cycling Clothing
- How to Choose Mountain Bike Pedals
- Guide to Buying Road Bike Shoes
- Guide to Buying Mountain Bike Shoes
- How to Choose Bike Handlebars
- How to Choose Mountain Bike Wheels
- How to Choose Road Wheels for Your Bicycle