Using a straw is a great practice aid. Learn all the details about this golf technique in this free video clip on golf tips.
In this segment I'm going to talk about another training aide. I think there's something in my ear, here, wait...whoa! Oh, that would be a good training aide. No wonder it felt a little weird! Anyhow, if you put this on the target side of the ball, a straw, on the target side of the ball, wow, does that give you a visual of banging a nail straight? And this is a long nail. It's not just a tack. The longer the nail that you can bang in, the longer that club face is going to be going towards the target. So, if you could put a straw on that side of the ball. And once again, it's a nail, you're a carpenter. You're not a golfer. You're a carpenter. And you're looking at that nail which starts right at the back of the ball and towards the target. If you could look at that and bang that straw straight in, boom. You could get a lot of straws. Maybe you don't have them in your ear...but you could go to a restaurant. Straws are a great, great way to do that. And, I guess you could say that a tee is another way. Put that right in front of the ball, a straw or a tee. I like a straw better because a tee, you know, you're afraid it might pop up and hit you or something. A straw is lighter and longer. But, if you could put something on that side of the ball, and I recommend a straw. You're a carpenter. There's the nail. Bang that long nail straight in. The more you practice that, the better you're going to get. Put a straw in front of the ball as a training aide.
- Tips on Asking Golf Swing Questions
- Using Straws as Golf Aids
- Using Golf Swing Aids
- How to Control Your Golf Swing
- Using the Golf Ball for Help
- Stabilizing Your Head in Golf
- How to Reduce Pressure in Golf
- Listening to the Golf Ball
- Golf Practicing Tips
- How to Choose a Golf Club
- Hitting Low Hammer Golf Shots
- Follow Through of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Why Long Golf Clubs are Hard to Hit
- Impact of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Release of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Down Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Back Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Takeaway of the Hammer Golf Swing
- The Hammer Golf Grip
- Golf Ball Position for Hammer Swing
- Concept of the Hammer Golf Swing
- What is the Hammer Golf Swing?