Why is it harder to hit longer golf clubs? Learn all the details about this golf technique in this free video clip on golf tips.
In this segment I'm going to talk about why a longer club is more difficult to hit than a shorter club. Almost every golfer feels, "Well, I hit my wedge better than I hit my 7 iron, and I hit my 7 iron better than my 5 iron, and I hit my 5 better than my 3, and I hit my 3 better than I hit a 3 wood, let's say, off the tee. Now, the reason is the club is longer, number one. That's why, virtually, every golfer hits short irons better than middle irons, middle irons better than long irons, and long irons probably better than a 3 wood off the fairway. I'm saying that because you shouldn't take it personally. Don't say, "Oh, well this swing works with a 7 iron but it doesn't work with my 4 iron." It's a longer handle. The further you are away from the nail or the ball, the more difficult it is to do. Don't take it personally. So, if I have a 9 iron, the handle's that long. A 3 iron, the handle is about 3 or 4 inches longer. A 3 wood, it's another 3 or 4 inches longer. And I mention that because the hammer swing can get you more realistic. Not unrealistic. "Oh, why can't I hit this club like I hit that club?" The longer the handle on the club, the more difficult it is and maybe the more you have to practice it. The hammer swing works with every club. Practice.
- Using Straws as Golf Aids
- Tips on Asking Golf Swing Questions
- Using the Golf Ball for Help
- How to Control Your Golf Swing
- Using Golf Swing Aids
- Stabilizing Your Head in Golf
- Listening to the Golf Ball
- How to Reduce Pressure in Golf
- Golf Practicing Tips
- How to Choose a Golf Club
- Hitting Low Hammer Golf Shots
- Why Long Golf Clubs are Hard to Hit
- Follow Through of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Down Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Release of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Impact of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Back Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Takeaway of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Golf Ball Position for Hammer Swing
- The Hammer Golf Grip
- Concept of the Hammer Golf Swing
- What is the Hammer Golf Swing?