The back swing in a golf swing is important. Learn all the details about this golf technique in this free video clip on golf tips.
In this segment I'm talking about the back swing. You've probably heard different angles for the back swing, different swing planes. Some great golfers have brought it back lower, flatter. Some more upright. Others, somewhat in between with different hand action. With the club opening up. With a big wrist hinge. There are many different back swings. But, with the hammer swing, it's your natural back swing which is produced by the desire to hit the nail straight into a wall. For example, if there was a nail right here and I wanted to this nail straight into a wall, I wouldn't think I want to bring it low, I want to bring it high, I want to hinge my wrists, I want to open it up. I would not have those thoughts. My thought is related to hitting that nail straight into a wall. And, it would be natural if I wanted to hit that straight in it would be my desire to hit that nail straight in which would create my back swing. Which would create my swing plane. Which would create my wrist hinge. I want to hit that nail straight in. I'm visualizing that nail. I'm looking at that nail. The nail is creating my back swing plane, my wrist hinge. Visualize that nail and you will have the correct back swing.
- Tips on Asking Golf Swing Questions
- Using Straws as Golf Aids
- Using the Golf Ball for Help
- How to Control Your Golf Swing
- Using Golf Swing Aids
- Stabilizing Your Head in Golf
- Listening to the Golf Ball
- How to Reduce Pressure in Golf
- Golf Practicing Tips
- How to Choose a Golf Club
- Hitting Low Hammer Golf Shots
- Why Long Golf Clubs are Hard to Hit
- Follow Through of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Impact of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Release of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Down Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Takeaway of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Back Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Golf Ball Position for Hammer Swing
- The Hammer Golf Grip
- Concept of the Hammer Golf Swing
- What is the Hammer Golf Swing?