The takeaway in a golf swing is important. Learn all the details about this golf technique in this free video clip on golf tips.
In this segment I'm going to talk about the takeaway with the hammer swing. The takeaway is basically the first foot or two feet where the club moves away from the ball. Now, you've probably heard things about not to bring it back fast, to bring it back slow and smooth. You might have heard that you should bring the club straight back, perhaps inside, perhaps hinging your wrists. There are many different theories on the takeaway, but with the hammer takeaway the nail is producing the takeaway, visualization of that nail, the fact that you're a carpenter and not a golfer. Do you think a carpenter thinks, well, when I bring this hammer I'm going to bring it back slow and smooth and I'm going to pronate my wrists? No, he looks at the nail and he brings that hammer back in a way that is natural. The nail is producing the takeaway. The hammer and the nail and the desire to hit that nail straight in is going to produce the takeaway. So, if I had a nail here and I wanted to hit that nail straight in, I'm looking at that nail and it's going to come back in a way that naturally gives me my best chance to hit that nail straight in. So I'm bringing it back. Yes, it is smooth. Would a carpenter go like this? No. I'm looking at it and staring at it. Similarly, on the golf course, I see that nail. I'm not thinking where, when, or how I want to bring that club back on the takeaway. The nail and the hammer are producing that takeaway. I'm looking at that and I'm looking at that nail and let the nail produce your takeaway.
- Using Straws as Golf Aids
- Tips on Asking Golf Swing Questions
- Using the Golf Ball for Help
- How to Control Your Golf Swing
- Using Golf Swing Aids
- Stabilizing Your Head in Golf
- Listening to the Golf Ball
- How to Reduce Pressure in Golf
- Golf Practicing Tips
- How to Choose a Golf Club
- Hitting Low Hammer Golf Shots
- Why Long Golf Clubs are Hard to Hit
- Follow Through of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Down Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Release of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Impact of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Back Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Takeaway of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Golf Ball Position for Hammer Swing
- The Hammer Golf Grip
- Concept of the Hammer Golf Swing
- What is the Hammer Golf Swing?