What is the proper ball position for the hammer golf swing? Learn all the details about this golf technique in this free video clip on golf tips.
In this segment I am going to talk about ball position. Where you play the ball in your stance, is tremendously important. If you play the ball too far up, I'm exaggerating, but if you play too far up, you have to make a compensation to hit the ball straight. If you play the ball too far back, you have to make a compensation to hit the ball straight. Now those examples are exaggerated. Subtle differences can also make a tremendous difference. In other words, if the ball is a little too far up, you might have to make compensation. If the ball is a little too far back you might have to make compensation. So the question is where you do put the ball, and the answer is where you would put the nail and the hammer. If we have a nail right here and there was a wall, and we hit this nail in. Would we put that nail way up, would we put it way back, or would we put it, what we call, in a comfortable place? Similarly, we put this to the next level. If there was a nail down here, and I had my long hammer, would I put the nail here, would I put it here? I would put it in a place that just feels naturally comfortable for me, to hit that nail straight in, so I feel good. I might have to experiment a little bit. I am learning where to put the ball by asking the question, where would I put the nail? Once I am visualizing this nail, even there is a ball. When I feel the same as the hammer and the nail, this is exactly where I should put it. Ball position, ask the hammer and the nail.
- Tips on Asking Golf Swing Questions
- Using Straws as Golf Aids
- Using Golf Swing Aids
- How to Control Your Golf Swing
- Using the Golf Ball for Help
- Stabilizing Your Head in Golf
- How to Reduce Pressure in Golf
- Listening to the Golf Ball
- Golf Practicing Tips
- How to Choose a Golf Club
- Hitting Low Hammer Golf Shots
- Follow Through of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Why Long Golf Clubs are Hard to Hit
- Impact of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Release of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Down Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Back Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Takeaway of the Hammer Golf Swing
- The Hammer Golf Grip
- Golf Ball Position for Hammer Swing
- Concept of the Hammer Golf Swing
- What is the Hammer Golf Swing?