What is the best grip for the hammer golf swing? Learn all the details about this golf technique in this free video clip on golf tips.
In this segment I'm going to talk about the grip. The right-hand grip and the left-hand grip. If you truly had a hammer and there was a nail right here how would you hold that hammer? Would you hold it like this? Would you hold it like this? Your hand would be parallel with the wall. If there's a wall here, your hand is parallel to the wall which would be straight down the target line in golf, which enables you to use your wrist in this manner. They talk about turning your hands over in golf, and for some swings, that works. But, not for the Hammer Swing. The Hammer Swing, if there was really a nail; would you ever turn over to hit it straight? No, you would (swings hand at wrist). And that is the wrist hinge for the Hammer Swing. Right-hand grip. Pick up a hammer. You have any questions? Pick up a hammer. Left-hand grip. Similarly, if there was a nail right here and you had a hammer, would you hold it like this? Would you hold it like this? Would you want it to turn over? Or would you want it to hit straight? You would want it to hit straight. So, in my left hand, I'm holding this hammer in a way that it would work to hit it straight in. In that position I see three to four knuckles on the back of my left hand. Pick up a hammer. See for yourself. That is going to hit the nail straight in. So, and this is tremendously important, try to hit a nail in straight in some other position. Left-hand grip. Right-hand grip. And that, basically, is the hammer grip. Pick up a hammer. See for yourself. Try it. And, here it is. The hammer grip and hitting a nail or a ball straight down the fairway.
- Tips on Asking Golf Swing Questions
- Using Straws as Golf Aids
- Using the Golf Ball for Help
- How to Control Your Golf Swing
- Using Golf Swing Aids
- Stabilizing Your Head in Golf
- Listening to the Golf Ball
- How to Reduce Pressure in Golf
- Golf Practicing Tips
- How to Choose a Golf Club
- Hitting Low Hammer Golf Shots
- Why Long Golf Clubs are Hard to Hit
- Follow Through of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Impact of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Release of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Down Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Takeaway of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Back Swing of the Hammer Golf Swing
- Golf Ball Position for Hammer Swing
- The Hammer Golf Grip
- Concept of the Hammer Golf Swing
- What is the Hammer Golf Swing?