Learn how to hit a pitch shot in golf and improve your short game in this free video series on golf tips and techniques.
the pitch shot, the short game. Teach your wedge to talk. I don't want to talk to you right now because of what he said last time. But this is the trick to pitch shots. The ten-foot shot. If you can hit the ball solidly ten feet -- not a hundred feet, ten feet -- if you learn the hand position, ball position, and stroke, to hit the ball ten feet-- and that's not easy, you may think that's easy -- hit it solidly. Ten feet. If you could do that you use the same method, but hit it a little harder for 20 feet. You use the same method -- same stance, same hand position -- to hit it 40 feet. The same hand position. Harder. That's 30 yards. Same hand position, ball position, same stroke but harder. That's closer to 50 yards. Same one -- harder. That's about 70 yards. All of these with a sand wedge. Same position. Same stroke. And for those of you that don't play much golf, that was over 400 yards! Maybe that was 75 yards, actually. Learn that ten foot shot. What's your hand position? What's your ball position? And once you can hit it ten feet, just hit it harder for longer shots. Master that ten-foot shot and you could master the pitch shot. More tips like these right here on Expert Village.
- How to Hit an Uphill Sand Shot in Golf
- How to Hit a Buried Sand Shot in Golf
- How to Hit a Pitch Shot in Golf
- How to Hit a Lob Shot in Golf
- The Cartoon Shot in Golf
- How to Hit a Sand Shot in Golf
- How to Chip like you Putt in Golf
- How to Chip with a 7 Iron in Golf
- How to Improve Your Long Putts in Golf
- How to Bop the Dot in Golf
- How to Putt to Your Couch Leg in Golf