Learn how to bop the dot and improve your short game in this free video series on golf tips and techniques.
Putting. Short putting. This is the greatest drill that I've ever seen in terms of improving your short putting. I call it bop the dot. You can take a 2 X 4 or put a little dot against your wall and go about three feet away, and bop the dot. Hit the ball into the dot. You line up, bop the dot. You line up, bop the dot. You line up, bop the dot. If you hit ten of those a day it's good, if you hit a thousand of those a day it's better when you get on the golf course. Every short putt play as a straight putt -- only move the dot. So if it is a straight putt, you visualize that dot that you know you can hit because you've hit it at home 10,000 times. Visualize that dot right in the middle of the hole. If it breaks right to left, put the dot to the right. If it breaks the other way, put the dot to the left. Every putt play is a straight putt, and bop the dot. There's the dot -- it's for the US Open -- bop the dot. There's the dot -- it's to break 120. Bop the dot. It doesn't matter. Visualize that dot when you're on the golf course to improve your short putting. We'll have more tips right here on Expert Village.
- How to Hit a Buried Sand Shot in Golf
- How to Hit an Uphill Sand Shot in Golf
- How to Hit a Pitch Shot in Golf
- How to Hit a Lob Shot in Golf
- The Cartoon Shot in Golf
- How to Hit a Sand Shot in Golf
- How to Chip with a 7 Iron in Golf
- How to Chip like you Putt in Golf
- How to Improve Your Long Putts in Golf
- How to Bop the Dot in Golf
- How to Putt to Your Couch Leg in Golf