Follow through to his longer drives in golf; try this golf tip to improve your drives and better your golf game in this free video golf lesson.
This segment is on long drives, hitting your longest, and I'd like to talk about the power follow through. Now a follow through, if you're throwing a ball, you let it go and you throw. If you're hitting a baseball, you hit, and that would be the follow through. The follow through is what happens after you accomplish your goal. Your goal is to take a slap shot. As soon as that hockey stick hits that puck, boom, you're finished with what you want to do but you keep going and that is the point. That you don't want to try to do anything in your follow through, it's just a result of the momentum of getting that club head speed and then boom, whoa. Whatever happens, happens. So you don't try to do anything in your follow through. You're trying to hit that ball hard. But you can't stop and you keep going. However, there are things you could learn from your follow through. Number one, you should end on the tip of your right toe because if you don't, you didn't use your body. Even if you're half way there, you didn't use your body fully. You don't try to get on your toe unless you don't get there, but I'm not thinking of getting on my toe but I'm going to check. Yes, I'm on my toe, that's good. Let's see this time. No, that's bad. Now if I don't get on my toe for several times in a row, I'm going to try to cure that, either by turning my body more as I come into the ball or I might just try to get on my toe. You could learn things from your follow through. You don't want to think about it unless you're making a mistake. And if you're taking a good hard swing, a follow through will happen naturally.
- Choosing a Driver for Longer Drives
- Golf Tips: A Longer Shaft Adds Drive Distance
- Golf Tips: Flexibility & Longer Drives
- Follow Through Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Free Golf Tips: Feel Strong to Hit Long
- Power Downswing Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Back Swing Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Grunt on the Downswing for Longer Drives
- Mindset & Hitting Longer Drives in Golf
- Golf Swing Tips for Hitting Longer Drives
- The Golf Fundamentals of Longer Drives