Get longer drives by addressing your golf swing; try this golf tip to improve your drives and better your golf game in this free video golf lesson.
This segment is on long drives and I want to talk about swing thoughts, what you think about during your swing when you hit a long drive. There are some people that will have a good swing thought but they won't think about it during their swing. They'll think about it before they swing and hope it happens during their swing. For example, let's say a long drive swing thought, a very basic simple one is, I want to hit that ball hard with this club head. Now that's a very simple long drive swing thought, but I'm not going to say, I want to hit that ball hard with that club head, and then just swing. I'm not going to say it before or wonder why it didn't work afterwards. I'm afraid oh, I'm going to hit a bad drive. You have to think of your swing thought during your swing and you have to do it. So if I want to think right now, I want to hit that ball hard with this club head, as I address the ball, I'll say to myself OK, there's the club head, alright, come on Jay, hit that ball hard with this club head, and think about it during your swing. I'm going to talk out loud, just what I'm thinking. OK, there's the ball, there's the club head, there's the ball, there's the club head, now hit that ball, go ahead, there's the ball, hit it hard. And that is the trick with the swing thought. Think about it during your swing because what you think is what you'll do.
- Choosing a Driver for Longer Drives
- Golf Tips: A Longer Shaft Adds Drive Distance
- Golf Tips: Flexibility & Longer Drives
- Follow Through Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Back Swing Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Power Downswing Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Free Golf Tips: Feel Strong to Hit Long
- Grunt on the Downswing for Longer Drives
- Mindset & Hitting Longer Drives in Golf
- Golf Swing Tips for Hitting Longer Drives
- The Golf Fundamentals of Longer Drives