Improve your drive distance by learning the fundamentals of golf; try this golf tip to improve your drives and better your golf game in this free video golf lesson.
This segment and the following ones are on how to hit the ball longer. It seems like everyone would like to hit the ball further, whether it's with your driver so that you're closer to the green; with your irons so instead of using a six iron, maybe you could use a seven or an eight iron; or just going to the driving range and ripping some drives. It's fun to hit the ball long. The basic fundamentals of hitting the ball long, number one is club head speed. The faster the club head is moving when it hits the ball, the further it's going to go. Number two is solidness of hits. If you hit in the middle compared to up here, down here, obviously, solidness of hit is a factor. Another factor is to hit a little hook, a draw, as opposed to a slice. We talked about in the slicing and hooking segments, that a slice is a glancing blow, a hook is much more solid. And along those same lines is to have less spin on the ball. You don't want a ball that, with a lot of spin. So we're going to talk about the elements of hitting the ball long. Swing speed, solidness of hit, draw, less under-spin, the long drive.
- Choosing a Driver for Longer Drives
- Golf Tips: A Longer Shaft Adds Drive Distance
- Golf Tips: Flexibility & Longer Drives
- Follow Through Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Back Swing Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Power Downswing Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Free Golf Tips: Feel Strong to Hit Long
- Grunt on the Downswing for Longer Drives
- Mindset & Hitting Longer Drives in Golf
- Golf Swing Tips for Hitting Longer Drives
- The Golf Fundamentals of Longer Drives