Learn golf essentials and basic techniques such as golf shot alignment with expert tips in this free golf instruction video.
Hi! I am Jason Wyatt, head golf professional at Sunnydale Golf & Country Club and I am here today to show you how to properly align yourself hitting a golf shot. This is probably one of the most important things in the golf swing is making sure your body is aligned correctly. So I got a shot here, let’s say about 50 to 60 yards. What I like to do especially right onto the driving range is to lay down a golf club. This golf club is going to be my foot line. It is going to allow me to make sure that my feet are square or just left of my target. What else to do is lay another golf club, back in behind which is now my target line. So if my ball is here, the golf club is pointing right behind it so I know that I am square on my target. I set up, don’t have to have your feet right against the club but I set up I know that my feet are now square, my hips are square and my shoulders are square to the target. Put the blade of the golf club down and now I know that I am creating again that perpendicular line like we talked about in putting to make sure that we are square in hitting our golf shot. So once again when you are on the driving range, make sure you use again your 3 and 4 iron as aides in helping you align yourself better.
- Tips for Golf Shot Foot Positioning
- Tips for Proper Golf Shot Alignment
- Tips for Chipping in Golf
- Tips for Proper Putter Fitting in Golf
- Tips for Reading the Green in Golf
- Etiquette for Distance Control when Putting on the Green in Golf
- Tips for Putting Drills in Golf
- Etiquette for Warming Up on the Putting Green in Golf
- Etiquette for Golf Stretches in Golf
- Etiquette for Fixing the Ball Mark in Golf