Learn how to warm up on the putting green with expert tips in this free golf instruction video.
Hi! I am Jason Wyatt, head golf professional at Sunnydale Golf & Country Club and I am here to show you today how to warm up on a putting green. Now I have just come from the driving range and I have had an opportunity to warm up. Now the most important warming up is on the putting green. What I would like to do is only worry about a hole; don’t even worry about going up into the hole and knocking putts into the hole. What I like to do is take my divot tool; I place it in the ground about 4 or 5 feet in front of me. In doing so, what I am going to do is just really concentrate on speed, so what I am going do is drop a ball back above 4-5 feet, we are going to hit some putts, then we are going to move back, we are going to move back another 5 or 6 feet and then we are going to move back another 6 to 5 feet. What this allows us to do is that we when we setup onto the putting green on the first hole, we now practice some certain distances that will allow us to putt a little better on the putting green. So remember to make sure that after you are finished on the driving range, you spend 10 minutes hitting some putts to the divot tool to make sure that you putt better on the putting green.
- Tips for Golf Shot Foot Positioning
- Tips for Proper Golf Shot Alignment
- Tips for Reading the Green in Golf
- Tips for Proper Putter Fitting in Golf
- Tips for Chipping in Golf
- Tips for Putting Drills in Golf
- Etiquette for Distance Control when Putting on the Green in Golf
- Etiquette for Warming Up on the Putting Green in Golf
- Etiquette for Golf Stretches in Golf
- Etiquette for Fixing the Ball Mark in Golf