The ocean breath in yoga is also called powerful breath or warrior breath. Learn how to do this popular yoga breathing technique with tips from a yoga instructor in this free yoga lesson video.
Another technique for breathing and centering yourself for practice is the Ujjayi Pranayama or Ocean's sound of breath. It's also called powerful breath, warrior breath. There's many names for it. A lot of people refer to it as the ocean's breath. What you want to do and the easiest way to begin learning to do this breath is think of yourself when you inhale, take a nice breath in, and as you exhale, think of fogging a mirror. And you can leave your hand in front of your face, and as you exhale, And feel that air come out. In all yoga practice, we breath through the nose, in and out. So what you need to do is actually close the mouth, so you take a nice inhale in. And as you start this breath, you, it will feel slightly tense, it will feel kind of forced. And the more you get used to this breath, it will become easier. As you learn the exhale part of this breath, then you can incorporate that on the inhale as well. Think of say the word, home to yourself as you inhale. And the more you practice, the easier it'll become to make the inhales as the same length as the exhales. And that's how you do Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Guided Meditation for Yoga Exercises
- Chants for Yoga Exercises
- Yoga Moving Meditation
- Centering for Yoga Exercises
- Counting Breaths for Yoga Meditation
- Setting Intentions for Yoga Meditation
- Alternate Nostril Breathing for Meditation
- Yoga Breathing for Meditation
- 3 Part Yoga Breathing for Meditation
- Yoga Ocean Breath for Meditation
- Comfortable Seating for Yoga Meditation
- Benefits of Meditation
- Finding Focus for Yoga Meditation