Learn about motorcycle tire pressure from a professional stunt man in this free bike stunt video on how to pop a wheelie.
We're talking about how we wheelie. All right, now we're going to go ahead and talk about air pressure in our bike. The tire pressure that we're going to run on our back tire is going to be a lot lower than our stock or racing pressure. If we're running 32 PSI on our bike, what's going to happen is we're going to have a very, very narrow area for us to balance on our bike. So, when we lower our bike to about 28, it'll give us a little bit more space on our actual balance point on the tire. When we go down to about 15, it'll give us that much width on our bike tire to be balancing on, and that's going to be a lot more stable when we're going here, and it's not going to wobble as much so we don't have to control it. It'll just balance right there all the time. The front tire we're going to keep at about 30 PSI, because we're going to be doing some stoppies here--should we ever do some stoppies or anything like that, we don't want our tire flat. We want to keep a little bit more pressure on that front tire. So we're not going to lower than one down. We're going to keep that one about 30-32 PSI. All right, now we're about 31, so I'm going to lower it down to about 15. That should be about perfect. Good. I like to keep it as much close as I always ride, so it's consistent every single time. Even if it's a couple pounds of pressure off, it can really make a difference in your riding. So if you're going to be riding fast or stuff, you're going to want more PSI, if you're going to be doing second gear wheelies, third gear wheelies, high chairs or something like that, you're going to want a little more pressure in that back tire. But we're going to be doing some slow stuff today, so we're going to lower it to about 15.
- Motorcycle Throttle Control
- How to Ride Quad Wheelies on a Motorcycle
- How to Do Standing Motorcycle Wheelies
- Twelve O'clock Bar Motorcycle Wheelies
- Riding a Wheelie Balance Point
- How to Do Small Motorcycle Wheelies
- How to Do Clutch Motorcycle Wheelies
- Motorcycle Power Wheelies
- Proper Motorcycle Riding Gear
- Proper Motorcycle Tire Pressure
- Closed Course Motorcycle Stunting
- Motorcycle Sprockets & Chains Used for Stunting
- How to Pop a Wheelie on a Motorcycle
- Using a Motorcycle Twelve O'clock Bar