Demonstrating a martial arts defense against an overhead stabbing attack. Learn self-defense with martial arts in this free video.
Hi I'm Jason Jeannette with Elite Martial Arts in Middle, Tennessee. This is defense against an overhead stab. Alright on this defense against an overhead stab, the only good thing here is that I can pretty much tell you that if he is stabbing me this way he is not a knife fighter so that is one good way we have going for us. We are not going to do the old school karate compliant defense stuff. I'm using the same outside defense that I use for sucker punches, that I use for club defense, and stopping this, stopping the main force at 90 degrees and punching with my simultaneous counter attack and hopefully I am done and I can give a few follow ups and get out of there. Otherwise if he is still hanging on to it, wrapping it up and hoping that this does not go into me here but expect to get cut. If you are messing with somebody with a knife you should have just run anyway. This is if I cannot run. So I am here and keeping this blade still in relation to my body. That is our main concern. I will probably instead of thinking about this arm, think about keeping the blade still and trying to hit him until he just drops the knife or just his whole body collapses instead of getting too complicated with disarms on this.
- Self-Defense with a Weapon Takeaway
- Self-Defense Against an Overhead Stab
- Self-Defense Against a Headlock with a Knife
- Self-Defense with an Object of Opportunity
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Trachea
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Carotid Artery
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack
- How to Disarm an Attacker with a Stick
- Controlling a Club Attack with Self-Defense
- Self-Defense Against a Club Attack
- Martial Arts Self-Defense Training Equipment