Demonstrating a martial arts defense featuring a weapon takeaway. Learn self-defense with martial arts in this free video.
Hi I'm Jason Jeannette with Elite Martial Arts here in Middle, Tennessee. This is weapon retention with a knee rake. I'm under attack from Kevin here, he's a big guy and I have no desire to fight him. I pull out my knife just as a posturing move and to say listen guy you don't want to fight me. He is brave enough that he locks me up and gets in with me. We're fighting over my knife now which is a bad decision on my part and I didn't read him right. How am I going to fight a big guy who also has control of my weapon and I have brought a weapon into a fight that I probably shouldn't have, but it's too late to worry about that now. I am going to take my knee, put it on the connection here between both of our wrists, lay it down and pull up and use the knife or better yet I don't stab another person. I just make sure that he doesn't have the knife and I run like crazy.
- Self-Defense with a Weapon Takeaway
- Self-Defense Against an Overhead Stab
- Self-Defense Against a Headlock with a Knife
- Self-Defense with an Object of Opportunity
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Trachea
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Carotid Artery
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack
- How to Disarm an Attacker with a Stick
- Controlling a Club Attack with Self-Defense
- Self-Defense Against a Club Attack
- Martial Arts Self-Defense Training Equipment