Demonstrating a martial arts defense against a knife held to the carotid artery. Learn self-defense with martial arts in this free video.
Hi, I'm Jason Jeannette with Elite Martial Arts of Middle Tennessee. This is defense against knife threat to the carotid artery. Alright. Defense against threat against the carotid artery: Let's be realistic. This is an extremely dangerous situation. If I think that I don't have much of a chance to live ... that he's just going to cut me no matter what, then I'll try to fight my way out of this. If I think, you know, if it's pretty clear that I can give him my wallet and cancel my credit cards when I get home and not have to do anything about this ... then that's what I'm going to do. Hand are up. This is for me. This is for him to think that I'm compliant, but also to get on the attack here. So I'm using this for my defense. There's no trying to grab it -- it's zero to 100. It's got to be totally relaxed to fighting 100-percent instantly. I'm just hooking. There's zero dexterity when the adrenalin don't come. I'm not trying to grab it, and pull it and use my thumb. I have no thumbs. I'm just locking this to my chest. If this is still, I'm pretty safe. If it's moving, I'm not so safe. I'm going to use this as my wrist lock later on, but simultaneously with the pluck, punching to the face. In practice, punch past your partner. Don't get your people practicing little arm punches like this. Make sure they're really throwing punches and they can lay their forearm across their shoulder just to let them know they were there. Once I've got that, I've got beautiful groin kicks from here. Knees to the head. Once I know I've got him softened up, I use just turning my body for the wrist lock. This is against me; I'll turn my body to get it loosened up and peel and take it.
- Self-Defense with a Weapon Takeaway
- Self-Defense Against an Overhead Stab
- Self-Defense Against a Headlock with a Knife
- Self-Defense with an Object of Opportunity
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Trachea
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Carotid Artery
- How to Disarm an Attacker with a Stick
- Self-Defense Against a Club Attack
- Controlling a Club Attack with Self-Defense
- Martial Arts Self-Defense Training Equipment