Demonstrating a second defense against a knife threat. Learn self-defense with martial arts in this free video.
Hi, I'm Jason Jeannette with Elite Martial Arts of Middle Tennessee. This is defense against knife threat -- two. This situation is exactly like defense against knife threat -- one. Only our outcome it different. Kevn's threatening me with a knife. Obviously, in practice, he's using a practice knife. While it's a metal blade, it's not sharp and the end is blunted. It's got a rounded tip on it for practice. Never train with a live knife, of course. So, if I get in this situation with a knife, if I can just run, that's great. But we're going to do it a little bit different. This is fairly safe. I'm being threatened, my hands are up. I pop the wrist, throw the kick. I get a good reaction from the groin kick, but he still has the knife in his hand, which means that I shouldn't dive on him and keep my attack going. I'm going to now turn and run out of here.
- Self-Defense with a Weapon Takeaway
- Self-Defense Against an Overhead Stab
- Self-Defense Against a Headlock with a Knife
- Self-Defense with an Object of Opportunity
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Trachea
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack
- Self-Defense Against a Knife Held to the Carotid Artery
- How to Disarm an Attacker with a Stick
- Self-Defense Against a Club Attack
- Controlling a Club Attack with Self-Defense
- Martial Arts Self-Defense Training Equipment