Cloud hand blocks in Tai Chi are easy with these tips, get expert advice on martial arts and exercises in this free video.
Now we are going to talk about cloud hands. There are two types of cloud hands. One is inside cloud, the other one is outside cloud. Remember that, in and out. In and out. In and out. In and out. Or in and out. Now watch. Does that remind you of something? In boxing? Inside block, remember this is not only your inside block. What if I have a face right here? It is inside slap, inside slap. Take a look. Inside slap. That is the first type of cloud hand. Now outside cloud. Outside block, outside block. Now, at this moment you are doing the cloud hands you have got to incorporate your hips. And some time we do it slowly in this position. And I was explaining about outside block finger jab. It is right there. Outside block, finger jab. Take a look one more time. So for this one, in fighting positions the modern fighter would interpret as this. That is outside block. Inside block, inside block. And I am going to have my assistant show you how to do it. Now we are working on inside cloud, first. Inside cloud. This is same as inside block and take a look. He is in the fighting position and I am coming with this one and this one. That is inside cloud. Outside cloud, outside. If I try to touch his shoulder, his cheek. He is good at this, very good at this. So this practice conclude the subject of cloud hands.
- The Crossback Kick in Tai Chi
- The Side Kick in Tai Chi
- The Front Kick in Tai Chi
- The Ji Technique for Tai Chi
- The Ang Technique for Tai Chi
- The Pon Techniques for Tai Chi
- The Liu Technique for Tai Chi
- The Brushing Knee Stroke Block in Tai Chi
- Cloud Hands Blocks in Tai Chi
- Low to High Hand Exercise for Tai Chi
- The Single Whip Move in Tai Chi
- High to Low Hand Exercise for Tai Chi
- Up & Down Stroke for Tai Chi
- Tai Chi Swinging Motion