The single whip move in Tai Chi is easy with these tips, get expert advice on martial arts and exercises in this free video.
Now let us talk about single whip. The classic Tai Chi has a technique called single whip. You see this, holding a universe, the hook, stepping forward, switch sides. Holding a universe, the hook, turn it to the side. So try not to break the line. And you can even do it this way. For the health of your arm, how am I going to turn it into a self defense technique. Take a look. We have a hook, we have a chop. Now I have one hand right here. He is grabbing me. If I want to hit him right in the nose, come on, this hand is long I can not get it. I can not get it from here; I can not get it form here. How am I going to do it? I have to cut short the distance. Take a look. There is a hook. There is a hook. There is the hook again. Now let us do it again from the other side. His hand is long I can not really touch him. The next thing is from here. You have got to do it quick. There is the hook. You see this? Again. He is holding, you say "Please do not do that" and he is still holding, what are you going to do? Single whip. Single whip. Now take a look at this movement. If you think this movement can save you from self defense, forget it. It will never happen. We have to find out the secret code behind this movement. You see this? What I see, the secret code is. Does that make sense to you? Now, let us move to the next subject. Thank you for watching.
- The Crossback Kick in Tai Chi
- The Side Kick in Tai Chi
- The Ji Technique for Tai Chi
- The Ang Technique for Tai Chi
- The Front Kick in Tai Chi
- The Pon Techniques for Tai Chi
- The Liu Technique for Tai Chi
- Cloud Hands Blocks in Tai Chi
- The Brushing Knee Stroke Block in Tai Chi
- The Single Whip Move in Tai Chi
- Low to High Hand Exercise for Tai Chi
- High to Low Hand Exercise for Tai Chi
- Up & Down Stroke for Tai Chi
- Tai Chi Swinging Motion