Learn how to do Platform Step Up exercises to work out the lower body with expert tips in this free fitness video clip.
This next exercise is a platform step-up. Basically what I have is a basic step platform. We have two inch risers. You can make this as high or as low as you like. Obviously the more risers you have the more intense exercise it's going to be. So, what you want to do get yourself a set of dumbbells here. Foot on the black right on the platform and drive up through my heel and step up and step down. It's basic step up and step down. If you like, you can alternate so tap there and alternate legs. Of course, you always want to maintain your balance. Just step up and step down. If you want to add more intensity to this exercise, bring that knee up. When you come up and plant, as you come up bring that knee up and step down. Little power step there. Change legs and drive that knee up. It's going to get that heart rate up. Also work muscles in your quads, hip flexors and your lower abdominals. So, once again, there's your platform step up.
- How to Do Hip Abductor Exercises
- How to Do Platform Step Up Exercises
- How to Do a Physioball One Leg Squat Exercise
- How to Do a Seated Calf Raise Exercise
- How to Do a Standing Calf Raise Exercise
- How to Do a Basic Lunge Exercise
- How to Do a Windmill Lunge Exercise
- How to Do a Platform Step Back Lunge Exercise
- How to Do a Platform Lateral Squat Exercise
- How to Do a Physioball Wall Squat Exercise
- How to Do a Dumbbell Squat Exercise