Learn how to do basic Lunge exercises to work out the lower body with expert tips in this free fitness video clip.
Now I'm going to show you how to properly execute just a regular, traditional lunge. What you want to do is again square your body. Body balance is the key. So, my head is neutral with my spine. My back is straight. My abs are nice and tight. Now what I'm going to do is just take a step forward and come right back. So, I'm going to come forward. This plant leg, this back leg here, that leg, that knee is going to go straight down so this knee doesn't travel past my toes. And then I'm just going to come right back up. I'm going to step down. Knee goes straight down and step back up. Couple on the other side just to balance it out. Make sure we're hitting both sides. Keep those abs nice and tight. Keep the back straight. If you want to add a little bit more intensity to the exercise, grab yourself a set of dumbbells and have them hang at your sides as you perform the motion. But again, remember always protect your lower; protect your back and your hamstrings. So, if you're bearing any weight, make the movement a little slower and a little smoother. There you go. And that's a traditional lunge.
- How to Do Hip Abductor Exercises
- How to Do a Physioball One Leg Squat Exercise
- How to Do Platform Step Up Exercises
- How to Do a Standing Calf Raise Exercise
- How to Do a Seated Calf Raise Exercise
- How to Do a Basic Lunge Exercise
- How to Do a Platform Lateral Squat Exercise
- How to Do a Windmill Lunge Exercise
- How to Do a Platform Step Back Lunge Exercise
- How to Do a Dumbbell Squat Exercise
- How to Do a Physioball Wall Squat Exercise