Flexibility and strength, especially arm strength, are very important in gymnastics. Learn why gymnasts have to be strong and flexible in this free online gymnastics and tumbling video lesson.
Flexibility is very important for gymnastics, but I would say that strength is more important especially in your upper body and your arms need to be doing pull ups or lifting weights everyday to improve that strength. Because when you're doing the beam or the bars and any tumbling you're going to be using your arms for that force to be pushing yourself into these flips and all the tumbling passes.
- Transitioning to Gymnastics From Other Sports
- Flexibility & Strength in Gymnastics
- What Age to Put Children in Gymnastics
- Who Can Do Gymnastics?
- How to Do an Aerial Cartwheel
- How to Do a Dive Cartwheel
- Finishing the Perfect Cartwheel
- How to Do a Cartwheel
- Leg Stretches for Gymnastics
- Arm Stretches for Gymnastics
- Precautions for Gymnasts