What body types are best for gymnastics? Find out and learn about how gymnasts lift weights to build strength in this free online gymnastics and tumbling video lesson.
I think anyone can learn gymnastics depending on your body type and your height. Most gymnasts are shorter and they're a little bit more stockier and they're built in their upper body, but you can work on that. I know a lot of gymnasts friends that are tall and they have more of a dancer body and long legs, but it also creates prettier lines if you do have like the long legs. So really if work, if you lift weights and you work on all of those areas on your body, anyone can do gymnastics.
- Transitioning to Gymnastics From Other Sports
- Flexibility & Strength in Gymnastics
- What Age to Put Children in Gymnastics
- Who Can Do Gymnastics?
- How to Do an Aerial Cartwheel
- How to Do a Dive Cartwheel
- Finishing the Perfect Cartwheel
- How to Do a Cartwheel
- Leg Stretches for Gymnastics
- Arm Stretches for Gymnastics
- Precautions for Gymnasts