Learn gymnastics warm ups such as the cartwheel in this free instructional video on gymnastics warm-ups.
I’ll be discussing gymnastics warm-ups, specifically a cartwheel. After learning the handstand, you will utilize the same entry technique to perform a cartwheel. This is a basic tumbling skill that will help you in many floor and balance beam exercises. Once again, with your foot faced directly in front of you and your arms above your head, you’re going to lean forward shifting your weight onto that front foot. Now instead of putting your hands directly in front of you, you’re going to turn with the hand that corresponds to the foot in front closer to that foot. This will put you in a sideways position as your hands touch the ground. After putting your hands sideways on the ground, you’re going to continue the motion stepping the foot that was behind you down first. Try and do this slowly and very carefully, keeping your feet directly above your body so that you can perform the skill in a straight line. Often, you learn the skill for the balance beam and this way you can stay straight on the balance beam and not fall off.
- Doing a Back Bend for Gymnastics Warm Ups
- How to Cartwheel for Gymnastics Warm Ups
- Doing a Handstand for Gymnastics Warm Ups
- Middle Splits for Gymnastics Warm Ups
- Left & Right Leg Splits for Gymnastics Warm Ups
- Straddle Stretching for Gymnastics Warm Ups
- Ankle Stretches for Gymnastics Warm Ups
- Cardio Gymnastics Warm Ups