Stretching is very important for gymnasts. Learn how to properly stretch your legs before doing gymnastics in this free online gymnastics and tumbling video lesson.
Since this is the position you'll be in a cartwheel, it's important to stretch your legs out as well. Put your arms in a T and bend at your waist. Just hold it there for a few seconds until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings. You should feel all along the back of your legs. You can also grab your ankles and pull your head as far to the ground as possible. Then roll back up when you're ready. Now you're stretched and ready to go.
- Transitioning to Gymnastics From Other Sports
- Flexibility & Strength in Gymnastics
- What Age to Put Children in Gymnastics
- Who Can Do Gymnastics?
- How to Do an Aerial Cartwheel
- How to Do a Dive Cartwheel
- Finishing the Perfect Cartwheel
- How to Do a Cartwheel
- Leg Stretches for Gymnastics
- Arm Stretches for Gymnastics
- Precautions for Gymnasts