It's important to stretch before doing gymnastics. Learn how to do arm stretches for gymnasts in this free online gymnastics and tumbling video lesson.
Before you start any gymnastics it's very important to stretch. We'll be using our upper body doing cartwheels. So you're going to start with your arms with the over arm chest stretch. Hold it there for a few seconds and then bring it over you head and pull with your left arm on your elbow. This is what it looks like from the back. Then you can switch your arms to the left since we'll be using both arms in the cartwheel and then bring it over your chest just like you did with right arm. Now we'll do the legs.
- Transitioning to Gymnastics From Other Sports
- Flexibility & Strength in Gymnastics
- What Age to Put Children in Gymnastics
- Who Can Do Gymnastics?
- How to Do an Aerial Cartwheel
- How to Do a Dive Cartwheel
- Finishing the Perfect Cartwheel
- How to Do a Cartwheel
- Leg Stretches for Gymnastics
- Arm Stretches for Gymnastics
- Precautions for Gymnasts