Sack the quarterback with the basic football defensive moves and techniques shown in this free football beginner guide on video.
I am now going to show you a couple of moves that defensive end can use when attacking the offensive lineman specifically in relation to looking for what is called a sack. A quarterback sack is essentially where the quarterback is taken down during a pass play or a handoff in the backfield. The defensive end lines up on the end of the defensive formation and he can execute several different moves in order to get the lineman out of the way. The first is called a squib move and we will do that now. Hut, notice that I have pulled the offensive lineman inside and used my left hand to shove him off and run towards the quarterback. The second would be a spin move and that would be like this hut, and those are two moves that you can use as a defensive lineman to go after the quarterback for a sack.
- Defensive Backfield Positions in American Football
- Sacking the Quarterback in American Football
- Defensive Line Positions in American Football
- Kicking & Punting a Football
- Holding the Ball: Throwing Fundamentals for Football Beginners
- How to Throw a Football
- Making the Hand Off in American Football
- Basic Football Blocking Skills
- Snapping the Ball in American Football
- Offensive Positions: Understanding American Football
- How to Score Points with Offense in American Football
- Overview of the Rules of American Football