Get tips on defensive backfield positions for American football in this free football beginner guide on video.
I am now going to explain you the additional positions and a defensive backfield. As you could see there is no one lined up in front of the ball, but those positions would be related to and for the defensive line. We are lined up in a 4-3 line backer set up. I in the outside linebacker, Tristan is playing the middle linebacker and Madison is playing the strong side linebacker. The other positions would be, if you follow me, the free safety, the strong safety, Tristan back here, strong safety, which are mainly run support positions and then your two corner back positions, which would be out that way and out here. Tristan would be a corner back and I would be a corner back and we would be playing man defense on the wide receivers and those are your additional skill positions for a typical defense.
- Defensive Backfield Positions in American Football
- Sacking the Quarterback in American Football
- Defensive Line Positions in American Football
- Kicking & Punting a Football
- How to Throw a Football
- Holding the Ball: Throwing Fundamentals for Football Beginners
- Making the Hand Off in American Football
- Basic Football Blocking Skills
- Snapping the Ball in American Football
- Offensive Positions: Understanding American Football
- How to Score Points with Offense in American Football
- Overview of the Rules of American Football