The punt is a very important play in beginner football; learn how to punt a football properly, including basic punting mechanics and drills, in this free football beginner guide on video.
I am now going to talk to you about one very important special team’s play that is critical in most beginning football game. This is called the punt. The punt is used as a method, a field position for putting the opposition in a situation where their field position is not what they would prefer to be. Essentially you utilize the punt when the other team has stopped you from moving forward offensively. So what we are going to do is, Ben is going to assist me here by hiking the ball back to me and I am going to show you the basic fundamentals of punting the football. Set, hike; Ben snaps the ball back to me and make certain that the laces are up, I bring my right foot back and I step into the ball and kick and those are the fundamentals of punting the football.
- Sacking the Quarterback in American Football
- Defensive Backfield Positions in American Football
- Defensive Line Positions in American Football
- Kicking & Punting a Football
- How to Throw a Football
- Holding the Ball: Throwing Fundamentals for Football Beginners
- Making the Hand Off in American Football
- Basic Football Blocking Skills
- Snapping the Ball in American Football
- Offensive Positions: Understanding American Football
- How to Score Points with Offense in American Football
- Overview of the Rules of American Football