Get tips on the proper way to hand off a football in a play in this football beginner guide, with basic tricks and techniques for the game.
we are now going to show you how to execute a proper hand off and the proper way to hold the ball during a running play. Tristan will be the quarterback, Madison will be the center and I will be the running back, hike. I take the ball into my hands as a running back and hold it in a breadbasket and then when I am actually starting to run, I pull the ball into the crook of my arm and cradle the nose of the football and what this does, this allows me to have full control of the ball as I am running. If any defenders try to pull the ball out of my hand, it is virtually impossible to pull that out. Tristan, will you try to pull the ball out for me? Try to pull the ball out. As you can see I have got a firm grip on it. It is very difficult even for an adult to pull the ball out like that and that is the proper way that you should take your hand off and hold a football.
- Defensive Backfield Positions in American Football
- Sacking the Quarterback in American Football
- Defensive Line Positions in American Football
- Kicking & Punting a Football
- Holding the Ball: Throwing Fundamentals for Football Beginners
- How to Throw a Football
- Making the Hand Off in American Football
- Basic Football Blocking Skills
- Snapping the Ball in American Football
- Offensive Positions: Understanding American Football
- How to Score Points with Offense in American Football
- Overview of the Rules of American Football