Learn basic blocking skills for American football in this beginner guide to playing the game of football.
I am now going to show you the proper way to block as an offensive lineman in beginning football. I am going to be assisted by Ben who will play the defender and I will play the offensive lineman. An offensive lineman is not allowed to utilize his hands while blocking. He can utilize his arms, his body and his upper chest area to keep a defender from getting to the quarterback during a running play or pass play. Now I will show you the proper way to block as an offensive lineman. Notice I did not use my hands to grasp or pull the individual down. I utilized my elbows, my arms, my shoulders and my body and kept my hips in front of the defender at all times and that is how you execute proper offensive blocking in beginning football.
- Defensive Backfield Positions in American Football
- Sacking the Quarterback in American Football
- Defensive Line Positions in American Football
- Kicking & Punting a Football
- Holding the Ball: Throwing Fundamentals for Football Beginners
- How to Throw a Football
- Making the Hand Off in American Football
- Basic Football Blocking Skills
- Snapping the Ball in American Football
- Offensive Positions: Understanding American Football
- How to Score Points with Offense in American Football
- Overview of the Rules of American Football