There are two types of snaps in American football: direct snaps and shotgun snaps. Learn how to snap the ball in a game of American football in this free instructional sports video.
I am now going to show you the basic fundamentals of snapping the ball. There are two types of snaps, Tristan will play the center and the very first snap is called direct a snap. On the count of one he will snap the ball to me… and that is a direct snap. The second type of snap that we are going to show you is called a shotgun snap and usually indicates a pass play. In this case the center lines up, looks between his legs and looks to shoot the ball out to the quarterback, who is standing a few yards behind on the snap count and those are the two basic snaps in beginning football.
- Defensive Backfield Positions in American Football
- Sacking the Quarterback in American Football
- Defensive Line Positions in American Football
- Kicking & Punting a Football
- Holding the Ball: Throwing Fundamentals for Football Beginners
- How to Throw a Football
- Making the Hand Off in American Football
- Basic Football Blocking Skills
- Snapping the Ball in American Football
- Offensive Positions: Understanding American Football
- How to Score Points with Offense in American Football
- Overview of the Rules of American Football