Hi, I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and I'm going to show you how to take care of a real wood floor. I have friends own a hardwood flooring company. I grew up in a home that had real wood floors. And the best thing I've always heard to use on real wood floors is vinegar and water. Some people argue with this and say that it's not good for your floors. I think it's the best thing for your floors. If you use commercial cleaners, you know, they will build up a wax. Commercial cleaners that are made for wood floors to make them shiny and make them look really good and make them look shiny, it's going to build up a wax on your floor that eventually has to be stripped off. So I say use vinegar and water and your regular cleanings. You know, you do that every week, every two weeks. I keep it in a spray bottle, and this is probably about a cup of vinegar in a quart of water. And I just carry it around and spray it and then mop. Of course, you want to vacuum or sweep your floors first. And most hardwood flooring companies will tell you the best and only thing to clean wood floors with is vinegar and water. Really, that goes with any kind of floors -- ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl, laminate floors. Vinegar and water's the best thing. Now, every now and again -- and I say to do this once a month -- you want to put moisture back into the wood and make sure it doesn't dry out. So add some olive oil to your mix. I would say if you're going to add olive oil to the spray bottle, put about one to two tablespoons of the olive oil in there. This will give the wood a nice shine. It'll really add moisture back into the wood, and it's all natural. This is...this whole...you know, this whole recipe is all natural. It's biodegradable. It's safe for your family, safe for your pets. The fumes are not going to pollute the air in your home. It's not going to give anybody, you know, allergy problems or things like that. I'm Rachel Yatuzis, and that is how you take care of a real wood floor.
- How to Clean Urine Out of a Mattress
- How to Clean Dog Hair From Carpet
- How to Clean Electric Stove Tops
- How to Clean Flat Wall Paint
- How to Clean Tarnished Sterling Silver
- How to Clean Toilet Stains
- How to Clean Real Wood Floors
- How to Clean Your Sofa Cushions
- How to Clean Nicotine Off of Walls
- How to Clean White Film From Glass
- How Do You Remove Rust From Cast-Iron Cookware?
- How to Clean a Silk Lampshade
- How Do You Clean Mold From Wood Furniture?
- How to Clean Laminated Wood Floors